Mother of Good Counsel Convent

3800 West Peterson Avenue
Chicago, IL 60659-3116
(773) 463-3020

History of the Convent
The Felician Sisters purchased 30 acres of land in Chicago in 1921 and broke ground on their convent four years later. In 1927, when the building was ready for occupancy, Mother of Good Counsel Province was transferred from Milwaukee to Chicago. The 4-story E-shaped brick structure was constructed to be large enough to house all of the sisters of the province during the summer months, along with having facilities for the novitiate and Good Counsel High School. An interior renovation, completed in 1995, makes the building accessible to older residents. The central chapel can accommodate 700 worshippers and includes an impressive altar of carved oak, as well as richly-colored Austrian stained glass windows, with scriptural, Franciscan, and Eucharistic themes.

Recent posts

See all posts about Mother of Good Counsel Convent.

Serving where needed since 1874

Founded in Poland in 1855, the Felician Sisters are a congregation of women religious inspired by the spiritual ideals of their foundress, Blessed Mary Angela Truszkowska, and Saints Francis of Assisi, Clare of Assisi and Felix of Cantalice. Arriving in North America in 1874 following Blessed Mary Angela’s directive “to serve where needed,” they helped to weave the social service system. Today, the Felician Sisters founded, sponsor or support through the presence of our sisters, more than 40 ministries – all continuing to evolve to meet the needs of the people they serve.

Sign up for our e-newsletter

Provincial Offices

Provincial Information

  • Felician Sisters of North America is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
  • EIN 27-1282473
Felician Sisters of North America