Our Lady of the Angels Convent

Our Lady of the Angels Province in Enfield, CT was formed in 1932 as a division of the Lodi province. In 1933, the Felician Sisters in Connecticut acquired the 32-acre Longview estate, which included the Orrin Thompson mansion – a historic home that served as the Enfield Felician convent for the next 25 years. In 1938, the rapidly-expanding province added a two-story building and a three-story annex, and in 1957, they completed construction of a new motherhouse. The building that first served as the infirmary eventually became the common novitiate for the North American provinces, while the annex housed Our Lady of the Angels Academy, which closed in 1988. In 2009, the annex was converted into St. Francis House, an affordable living community for 55+ residents. Enfield Montessori School moved from a site across the street in 2016 to become a vital part of the intergenerational campus.

Serving where needed since 1874

Founded in Poland in 1855, the Felician Sisters are a congregation of women religious inspired by the spiritual ideals of their foundress, Blessed Mary Angela Truszkowska, and Saints Francis of Assisi, Clare of Assisi and Felix of Cantalice. Arriving in North America in 1874 following Blessed Mary Angela’s directive “to serve where needed,” they helped to weave the social service system. Today, the Felician Sisters founded, sponsor or support through the presence of our sisters, more than 40 ministries – all continuing to evolve to meet the needs of the people they serve.

Sign up for our e-newsletter

Provincial Offices

Provincial Information

  • Felician Sisters of North America is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
  • EIN 27-1282473
Felician Sisters of North America